Mar 5, 2006

Rights

"When the devil wants to eliminate a freedom, he forges a movement to demand personal rights. The curious thing is, focusing on individual rights ends up in a loss of freedom. Demanding rights rather than concentrating on moral responsibilities always promotes rebellion. In contrast, God targets our personal responsibility and service, which promotes revival and true freedom. Go with some self-centered crusade for personal rights and all too often you end up with laws that destroy whatever it was these rights were supposed to protect." Winkie Pratney

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Go with some self-centered crusade for personal rights and all too often you end up with laws that destroy whatever it was these rights were supposed to protect."

And herein lies the crux of feminism.

Jen Fishburne said...

I thought you might like this one. I wonder, though, how many women were in this originally for their own personal rights, and how many were there for the basic human rights of women? I'm sure there was a mix, just as there probably is now.

Anonymous said...

Do you know who Phyllis Schafley is? She, and F. Carolyn Graglia, are my worldy heros.

Jen Fishburne said...

I recognize both names, but I am not extremely familiar with their work. I'll keep them in mind. And here I thought I was your worldly hero! (ha, ha, ha!!!)

Anonymous said...

I love Winkie Pratney!
I also love Keith Green's music. His music paralleled the things that Winkie talked about since they were friends with one another.

I am a musician and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All my music is free for download on my site. Anyway, I just thought that I'd share with you.

Thanks,
-Sean
______________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."